Wireless Access

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Change the Controller IP address

Are the access points on the same VLAN as the controller management ip address?

If you change the management ip address the AP looks at, if it is orphaned, you have to take it down from the ceiling and reprogram it via the console, unfortunately.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted

All APs and Controller in same VLAN 

Highlighted
Guru Elite

How long did you wait for the access points to come up?  You should type "show log system 50" and "show ap database" to see if there are any messages and if any access points have any flags...

The controller-ip is vlan 124, right?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted

We waited more than 30 minutes. None of the AP comes up. 

the controller-Ip is VLAN 124,Correct.

Regarding the log commands, I am trying for a maintenance window for today first half itself. Let me update. 

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Is it possible that you are supplying dhcp options 43 and 60 that are pointing the access  points to the old ip address?

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted

Initially we didn't configure any options. Once we notify that the APs not coming up, we configured the option 43 (NEW IP of controller) and option 60 (ArubaAP). But even though APs didn't come up.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

You should put a console on an AP during that time to see what the discovery process is...

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted

Dear Cjoseph,

Here the provision details of another AP which is not working (sorry the previous one was fresh AP). 

Highlighted

Based on those provisioning details the masterip has been hard set.  As Colin mentioned this means that discovery is not taking place.

What you could do is this,

1. configure a VRRP address to be that old one (10.105.24.6).  This will allow the APs to all come up.

2. Reprovision the APs with the new masterip or better yet make it dynamic and use something like dhcp or dns.

3. Once all the APs are sorted out, you can then go ahead and remove the VRRP.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACCX #817, ACMP, ACMX #294

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: