Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Changes being applied in the background -- can we view the queue?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Changes being applied in the background -- can we view the queue?

Posted Jun 21, 2012 03:21 PM

I'm working my way through the 7.5 best-practices guide, and have had some trouble getting WMS offload to go.

Got it worked out, and am now waiting for the changes to be applied so I can see success or fail in the event log.

Fails were fast and easy to spot, success is taking some time.

When I attempt to meddle with other settings, there's a note at the top of the page stating that there are changes being applied in the background.

Is there a way to view the queued changes and track their progress?

--Matthew

• 2.  RE: Changes being applied in the background -- can we view the queue?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2012 06:04 AM

What specific changes?

• 3.  RE: Changes being applied in the background -- can we view the queue?

Posted Jun 27, 2012 07:34 PM

The cahnge I made was to request that all 6 controllers change to enable WMS, only one changes immediately.

The others took quite a while.

I don't know what other changes were in the queue (that's why I wanted to see the queue)

-Matthew

• 4.  RE: Changes being applied in the background -- can we view the queue?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2012 01:29 AM

The best way to check is to take a look at the audit log on the controller's monitoring page. This will tell you if the change was submitted.  The other log is to review is the telnet_commands log file from the audit page of the controller to see if there were any failures when the command to enable wms was executed.We have seen some issues running mobility manager command on the controller when the SNMP creds haev been enabled with diff auth method.

Sujatha