Wireless Access

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Channel bandwidth setting in AOS8

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Channel bandwidth setting in AOS8

Posted Jul 14, 2018 12:31 PM

I am implementing an AOS8 project. I encountered a channel bandwidth problem during the implementation process. I hope that the 5Ghz radio uses 40Mhz bandwidth. The vaild channel settings in my corresponding AP Group are as follows:1.JPG

On the mobility master ,I also executed the command airmatch runnow quick.

Excuted the command show airmatch optimization and show airmathc solution output as follows:2.JPG

3.JPG

Execute show ap active and find that the AP always runs at 80Mhz bandwidth.4.JPG

Is it the configuration I missed? Can someone help me?

• 2.  RE: Channel bandwidth setting in AOS8
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 14, 2018 12:44 PM

Click on your username in the upper right hand corner > preferences and make sure that "show advanced profiles is enabled".  Go back to Configuration> AP Groups> Click on your AP-Group, then click on Profiles all the way to the right.  Go to RF Management> 5ghz Radio Profile.  In the right pane under General set your minimum and maximum channel bandwidth.  You will have to wait until 5am the next morning or do an airmatch runnow full to see the effect.

Screenshot 2018-07-14 at 11.37.58.png

• 3.  RE: Channel bandwidth setting in AOS8

Posted Jan 17, 2020 02:37 PM

Hello,

I'm facing a similar situation. I already configured the 5 GHz radio profile limited at max channel bandwidth to 40MHz(2 months), but the airmatch still pushing it to 80MHz. Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 2.14.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-17 at 2.15.26 PM.png

I'm running the AOS8.3.0.4

Is there any other configuration that should I do?

Thank you

• 4.  RE: Channel bandwidth setting in AOS8

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 17, 2020 02:40 PM

That is all you would need and wait until the next Airmatch runs by default at 5am to change it to 40mhz width channels.

EDIT: OR, do an "airmatch runnow full" to execute the solution immediately.