Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Chromebooks Google Apps Admin configuration - Outer identity

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Chromebooks Google Apps Admin configuration - Outer identity

Posted Apr 17, 2013 11:19 AM

Running into a problem when attempting to configure the Wi-Fi networks for our Chromebook devices via the Google Apps control panel.  Our SSID is a WPA2-Ent, PEAP, MS-CHAPv2 (do not check on certificate) which works fine when configured manually on the device.  However, in the Google Apps Admin configuration there is an extra field for Outer identity.  I have tried leaving it blank, using username@domain, domain\username and just the username, but the devices will not connect when using the configuration from the Google Apps profile.

Does anyone have any experience with this or ideas on how it should be configured?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Chromebooks Google Apps Admin configuration - Outer identity
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 17, 2013 03:17 PM

I determined that the Outer identity aligned to the anonymous identity on the manual form.  I attempted leaving it blank (after editing the network because it requires an entry when creating a new network) and it seems to be working now.

• 3.  RE: Chromebooks Google Apps Admin configuration - Outer identity

Posted Oct 27, 2014 10:18 PM

Are you Chromebooks still connecting without issue to your WPA2 network?