Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

Clearpass Guest Device Registration - Printer on guest network

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest Device Registration - Printer on guest network

Posted Oct 06, 2017 06:16 PM

I recently setup Clearpass Guest w/MAC caching on an IAP-205.  I am now looking to deploy a Dell E310DW wireless printer on that same guest network. 

On the existing MAC caching server (created by the wizard) I have added the "Guest Device Repository" as an authentication and authorization source and modified the Enforcement Policy to use the printer in the guest device repository to have the same role as a regular guest user.

I wanted to leverage mDNS/Bonjour discovery protocols for this printer.  I am able to see the printer now from my iPad and it is hitting the CPPM service successfully, but I am unable to actually print.  Is it possible that multicast traffic is working, but unicast traffic is getting blocked on the guest vlan?  I am using the IAP to assign IPs to the clients.  I have also verified that broadcast filtering is disabled.

Is there anything else I need to check on the IAP or could it be a problem with my policy in CPPM?