Wireless Access

New Contributor

Client host name in Dashboard?

I am rather new to Aruba-- I searched the forum but didn't find this exact issue. I don't even know if this is the correct "location" to ask, but here goes...

Our clients authenticate WPA-PSK utilizing an MDM profile. Is there any way to see wireless clients' host names instead of IP addresses or MAC addresses on Dashboard->Clients tab?
I have not been able to find a way to get my mobility controller to poll DNS for the device name, though other methods of hostname discovery might also work (lots of Apple products here, so mDNS/Bonjour advertisements would work). I can't believe this sophisticated system doesn't have that. If there is not a way to accomplish this, do people just memorize MAC addresses? I am NOT asking about seeing a user's name, just the device name.
Thanks

Super Contributor I

Re: Client host name in Dashboard?

that's typically populated by what the device authenticates as. IE in a radius scenario if it's computer authentication you would get the computername, and if it's user authentication you'd get the username. I've never heard of a way to do this in a PSK scenario.

ACDX #419 | ACMP |
Guru Elite

Re: Client host name in Dashboard?

You could do this with PSK with ClearPass 

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: