Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Clients getting disconnected from the ssid and then not getting the ip address back

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Clients getting disconnected from the ssid and then not getting the ip address back

Posted Sep 09, 2018 09:51 AM

In one of our site, we are having an issue if wifi connectivity. There are more than 100 users in the network. We have ten 325 aps and two 7205 controllers. But most of the days, 5-10 clients are lossing their connectivity and then they are not getting the IP address back. Then, we have to restart the device and sometimes has to do a ip release and renew to get the ip address back. This clients are connected to an ssid which is authenticated using AAA/AD integration. At the same time we have no issue with the guest ssid with PSK. Do any one experienced the same? I saw few issues related to this in airheads community but dated back to 2014. Is this because of the clientmatch enabled ? I have seen somewhere that its better to disable the clientmatch as some users will not support this feature and will experience a connection failure.

• 2.  RE: Clients getting disconnected from the ssid and then not getting the ip address back

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2018 10:20 AM

#1 possible reason for that:

in the ACL attached to the role for your users make sure you have a statement:

any any service dhcp permit.

Others have an acl only allowing dhcp to a specific dhcp server or have:

user any service dhcp permit

Which could cause the issue you mentioned.

• 3.  RE: Clients getting disconnected from the ssid and then not getting the ip address back

Posted Sep 09, 2018 11:28 AM
    Could you please guide me how to do that? The issue is becoming more and more worse and I have been doing so many optimizations for last 2 week's and still the issue persists. Now the issue started to spread verbally.

• 4.  RE: Clients getting disconnected from the ssid and then not getting the ip address back

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2018 11:44 AM

Detail information on firewall policies is here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/Roles-and-Policies/ta-p/165784

What role do users get when they are on the network?  On the controller commandline, type "show rights <role>" to see what ACLs are attached.  You would then go to Configuration> Security> Access Control.  Edit the user role there.

• 5.  RE: Clients getting disconnected from the ssid and then not getting the ip address back

Posted Sep 09, 2018 11:54 AM
    I don't have the access, right now. I will update tomorrow morning. I think that I should've discussed this topic here a long before.

I also have some issues with the controller redundancy. Two 7205 controllers are there. Vrrp is created only for controller vlan and I believe I have to do that for other vlans also.
    With the already configured vrrp, one is master and the other is backup. 2 controllers are showing in the monitoring tab of master controller.

But when I check this after sometimes, only 1 controller is showing in the master controller monitoring tab and in the backup it's showing update successful master unreachable. If I restart the backup, again 2 controllers will be showing in the master. But again after sometimes, it repeats. During that time I am not able to ping to the other controller from the master. If I restart the backup, then I am able to ping each other.

• 6.  RE: Clients getting disconnected from the ssid and then not getting the ip address back

Posted Sep 10, 2018 01:25 AM
      |   view attached

Its already configured as any any for dhcp under user roles.

pls find the attached image. Now I am checking with client match disabled.

• 7.  RE: Clients getting disconnected from the ssid and then not getting the ip address back

Posted Sep 10, 2018 02:27 AM
    Still the problem persists with clientmatch disabled. Anyone have any idea about this?

• 8.  RE: Clients getting disconnected from the ssid and then not getting the ip address back

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 10, 2018 06:15 AM

It honestly could be a number of things.  If this is critical please open a technical support case in parallel with your post using the link here:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/

How is your WLAN setup?  How many SSIDs do you have?  How many access points do you have?  Do you have "Broadcast Filtering Enabled" on all of your Virtual APs?  What is your channel width on your 5ghz band?

• 9.  RE: Clients getting disconnected from the ssid and then not getting the ip address back

Posted Sep 10, 2018 08:32 AM
    I disabled the 802.11k and 802.11 r features which I enabled during the initial configuration. Now, I think that the problem is got resolved. After disabling those features, no one experienced any issues. But I wonder if these features are not supported by the clients, then what is the use of having them.