Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Compatability Question

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Compatability Question

Posted Jun 20, 2019 09:53 PM

Is the Aruba 650 series of controllers compatable with the Ap200 series of Access Points specifically the ap 204?

Better yet, where can I find documentation which speaks to a compatability matrix for these controllers so that in future I can reference this document?

Thanks

3V3N

• 2.  RE: Compatability Question
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2019 05:43 AM

Unfortunately, I have not seen such a matrix. The approach to take is for each device:

1) Look up the minimum required firmware in the product datasheet. This brings you for the AP-204 ArubaOS 6.4.1.0 or InstantOS 4.1.1.0, and for the Aruba 650 the datasheet is no longer available but as it predates the AP-204 the minimum version for the 650 will not be the issue.

2) Look up the last supported version per product on the Aruba End-of-life page. There you can find that the 650 controllers can run up to ArubaOS 6.4.x, and the AP204 has not yet the last version defined for controller-mode and Instant 6.5.x for Instant mode.

So if you run ArubaOS 6.4.1.0 or higher in the 6.4.x release, you can operate those together. Version 6.4.4.20 is the latest release that you can run at the moment on the 650 controllers.