Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Configure 103H E1 and E2 as if AP wasn't there?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Configure 103H E1 and E2 as if AP wasn't there?

Posted Dec 06, 2016 02:25 PM

I tried the search, and googling but to no luck. I only find topics that touch on what I tryi to do, or reference versions of Aruba OS which I don't have.  

I have been given AP-103h to cover the jacks in a dorm room. The AP will use the dorm subnet which can get to Aruba controller. How can I set up the wired ports on bottom of 103H (E1 and E2) to be on same subnet as AP, as if AP wasn't there? Can I make them work same as pass through? 

I run 6.4.3.6

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Configure 103H E1 and E2 as if AP wasn't there?

Posted Dec 07, 2016 05:55 AM

Create a wired AP Profile in bridge mode and assign it to the AP switchports.

Wired AP enable: Yep
    Forward mode: bridge
    Switchport mode: access
    Access mode VLAN: whatever VLAN you need client to be in
    Trusted: Yep

If that doesn't work you could set the port to be untrusted and assign a AAA profile with the initial role as authenticated.

Cheers

James

• 3.  RE: Configure 103H E1 and E2 as if AP wasn't there?

Posted Dec 09, 2016 09:35 AM

Thanks for helping!

I must have made a mistake somewhere, now the wired ports take me to the wireless client vlan, not the vlan the AP is plugged in to. Is it possible to make e1 and e2 act as if ap is just a dumb switch, and not tunnel traffic back to controller as if wired clients are wireless?

Thanks again for help!

• 4.  RE: Configure 103H E1 and E2 as if AP wasn't there?

Posted Dec 12, 2016 11:42 AM

Found my error. Problem was not setting split-tunnel as bridge type.  Bridged as suggested send all traffic to wireless client vlan. Split lets wired traffic stay on wired vlan and tunnel back wireless.   Thanks for insight and sending me down right path!