Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring IP address for an AP-515 managed by Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Configuring IP address for an AP-515 managed by Aruba Central

Posted Mar 21, 2020 04:32 PM

Good afternoon - 

I am attempting to get a group of AP-515's in a new office configured. I have them accessible in Aruba Central, but they have obtained an IP assignment via DHCP. 

I would like to configure their IPs manually (in a different VLAN), but do not seem to be able to see how to change the IP assignment of the devices in Aruba Central. I saw the console window, and thought I might be able to figure out how to do it there, but am unable to log in to the AP's console that way. I have tried "admin", "password" and the device serial number for the admin@localhost password, but none of them work.

This particular office is over 500 miles from me, and my employer has imposed strict travel bans, so I am unable to travel there.

I might be able to get an employee onside, but if I can do what I need to do without bothering an employee, that would be ideal.

Can someone help me out?

• 2.  RE: Configuring IP address for an AP-515 managed by Aruba Central
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 21, 2020 05:58 PM

To update:

I managed to find how to set the IP to static, however the device is not using the static assignment that I placed in there.

Not sure what to do at this point.

I really want to get them all statically assigned, so they are not taking up space in my DHCP pool.

• 3.  RE: Configuring IP address for an AP-515 managed by Aruba Central
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 30, 2020 11:22 PM

Ultimately, I was able to get the devices configured as I needed. The problem with the static assignment was not with the AP or ArubaCentral, it was a routing issue