Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Connecting Cisco Aironet AIR-LAP1242AG-S-K9 to Alcatel OAW-4306G-8 Wireless controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Connecting Cisco Aironet AIR-LAP1242AG-S-K9 to Alcatel OAW-4306G-8 Wireless controller

Posted Nov 03, 2013 08:33 PM

Hi Guys,

I need advice if this is possible and will work.

Connecting Cisco Aironet AIR-LAP1242AG-S-K9 to Alcatel OAW-4306G-8 Wireless controller.

Kindly advice what I can propose or give me bright idea . Thanks

• 2.  RE: Connecting Cisco Aironet AIR-LAP1242AG-S-K9 to Alcatel OAW-4306G-8 Wireless controller

Posted Nov 03, 2013 11:13 PM

Cisco Access Points do not function with Aruba (or Alcatel Branded Aruba) controllers.   Similar is true with Aruba APs and Cisco controllers.

What are you trying to accomplish by 'mixing' this equipment?  Perhaps we can bring forward some suggestions.

JF

• 3.  RE: Connecting Cisco Aironet AIR-LAP1242AG-S-K9 to Alcatel OAW-4306G-8 Wireless controller

Posted Nov 04, 2013 12:24 AM

Thanks for your reply...

Yes, I want to utilize the wireless controller and use few Cisco AP's running Autonomous mode.

However may I know what could be the proprietary that Alcatel does not allow Cisco to function in Alcatell WLC or vice versa.