Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Content Length Exceed Limit - 650 controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Content Length Exceed Limit - 650 controller

Posted Nov 19, 2015 03:15 AM

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade a 650 controller from 6.1.3.8 to 6.4.3.4 so I can add a new 205 AP to the exisitng 93's. Everytime I try to make the upgrade I get an error message stating 'Content Length Exceed Limit'

Can anybody assisst with a way around this?

Thanks

#AP205

• 2.  RE: Content Length Exceed Limit - 650 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2015 07:55 AM

hi Will

please try incrementally upgrading - first stop some sort of 6.2.x then try to go to your desired 6.4.x. The 600 series controllers can be a bit fickle due to the ramp up of the image sizes from 6.1 to 6.4 and there was a bug fixed around 6.2.x that relax the max size allowed.

If you get stuck please log a ticket with TAC - but try the above first. 

regards

-jeff

• 3.  RE: Content Length Exceed Limit - 650 controller

Posted Nov 19, 2015 09:09 AM

Thanks Jeff, will give that a go!

• 4.  RE: Content Length Exceed Limit - 650 controller

Posted Nov 19, 2015 12:33 PM

I followed your advice and successfully upgraded to 6.2 and then to 6.3, but 6.4 came up with 'content exceed limit' again. The controller has also 'greyed out' the local file update selection.

I understand the 204 required 6.4 to work so not really got any further on this one.

Any ides would be greatly received!

• 5.  RE: Content Length Exceed Limit - 650 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2015 04:20 AM

hi Will

sorry for delay i have been out of office and just saw this reply. What 6.3 version do you have loaded, what is in the spare bank, and what 6.4.x version did you try to upgrade to ?

regards

-jeff