Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller 7200

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Controller 7200

Posted Nov 07, 2014 03:11 AM

Hi all,

I have got Controller 7200 and DHCP server working on it for APs. Also, our DHCP server on Controller 7200 is giving IP adresses to our printer device. Can I give static IP addresses to these printers. Maybe we can fix IP address to mac address.  Or is it possible ?  Or how can I fix IP address to printers?

Thanks for all your help.

Best Regards

• 2.  RE: Controller 7200
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 07, 2014 04:38 AM

Assuming you are asking for reserving ip for clients mac addresses in internal dhcp server of the controller. To my knowledge it is not possible. Only possible way is to exclude addresses and keeping lease time as long as possible.

• 3.  RE: Controller 7200
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2014 06:27 AM
    You should use an external DHCP server. The internal server was designed for basic use like guest networks.

• 4.  RE: Controller 7200

Posted Nov 07, 2014 06:34 AM

Yes,

Capalli is right. If I'm not wrong, by version 6.3 Aruba OS, Aruba limitted the number of DHCP ip releases by 512 ip to avoid the usage of the controller as a DHCP for whole wireless and even  for wired access. And I think that was a logical decision since its main object is controlling and securing the wireless access.