Wireless Access

Guru Elite

Re: Customers losing internet connectivity but connected to the SSID

One user neglected to reserve the IP address of the default gateway in their DHCP scope, so a user would her the IP address of the default gateway and knock everyone off.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
MVP

Let me know how you get on if you have upgraded to 8.3.0.5

Are you seeing users drop connection periodically ? A lot of our users are on MacBooks also

MVP

Hi Colin,

Checked this out however the first five addresses in each of our scopes are always reserved to make sure this doesn't happen.

Thanks

Occasional Contributor II

The upgrade to 8.3.0.5 went well, as expected.

MacBook users haven't had an issue since the upgrade... but I'm not ready to say "it fixed it".

iann

Contributor I

Ian, are you able to confirm if the upgrade fixed your issue?

We receently upgraded from 6.4.5, which TBO was perfect, no issues, to now 8.3.0.3 with MM, and are experiencing similar issues as described here... MacOS based clients.

Guru Elite

Ivan,

An upgrade from 6.x to 8.x is not supposed to fix anything, really.  If anything it could introduce more variables.  What problems are you experiencing?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

Hi CJoseph,

We upgraded to MM & 8 to take advatange of centralised management, easier deployment and take advatnage of new APs.

So wejhave a dozen offices located globally, all running 6.5.4.9 and we migrated 2 offices to 8.3.0.3 running MM. Since doing so those offices have experieced issues. Offices comprises of around 30 APs and 200 users, located across 5 floors.

The default is pretty much setup, that is 20, 40 and 80 used, 18/21 for TX power. Things i have done to tshoot;

- Last week disabled 2.4 - (didnt fix anything)

- Today reduced power to 6/15 (to match wha we had on 6.5.4.9) - (didnt fix anything)

- Thinking if disabling 80Mhz becase we had it disabled on 6.5.4.9

- Thinking of upgrading to 8.3.0.8

The problems we are experieicing is random loss of network eventhough comptuers show its still connected to WIFI.

Affecietd users equals around two dozen spread across floors.

Clients are comprised on 99% MacOS.

Network restors by itsself after several minutes or when clients disable/enable WIFI on computer.

MVP

We too have users reporting this since migration to Mobility Master : “The problems we are experieicing is random loss of network eventhough comptuers show its still connected to WIFI.”

Only difference again is like you said the 80mhz channels being enabled as before they were disabled – but this time I have left them enabled as I believed Airmatch being enabled it could pick the best power/freq & channels based on surrounding environment.

Scott McMullan | Senior Systems Engineer | Kainos | DD: +44 (0)28 9057 1517 | s.mcmullan@kainos.com
Guru Elite

Absolutely constrict the max channel bandwidth to 40mhz in the 5ghz radio profile!  Running 80mhz channels with any sort of density can create issues!

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
MVP

Colin,

If Airmatch is enabled on the MM can I still configure the radio profile under the AP Group which will disable the 80mhz channels?

Should I also be reducing the EIRP on the 5ghz radio currently set min 15 and max 21?

Just to be clear this can be set at the site level and won't be over turned by Airmatch?

Thanks

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: