Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Customize Captive Portal - Upload File Problem

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Customize Captive Portal - Upload File Problem

Posted Dec 05, 2014 01:30 AM

I am trying to upload our customized captive portal web page to the controller, we have encounter following error

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<aruba><status>Error</status><reason>

<![CDATA[System has low free memory and/or low free disk space. Please delete unwanted files by accessing WebUI Maintenance > File > Delete Files, reload the controller to recover free memory and try uploading the image again. If it fails again, try other upgrade options.]]>

</reason></aruba>

The controller is new installed and still have  

(DS219CR01) # show storage
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    none                      2.0G      3.1M      2.0G   0% /tmp
    /dev/usb/flash3           3.3G    143.0M      3.0G   4% /flash

(DS219CR01) # show meme  
                      ^
    % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

(DS219CR01) # show mem

Memory (Kb): total: 3022976, used: 823196, free: 2199780

Is there anyway that we can upload this customized page via CLI? It seems to the the loader has some problem in writing file into flash.

Thank you for the help!

Regards,

Wilson

• 2.  RE: Customize Captive Portal - Upload File Problem
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2014 02:56 AM

Hi Wilson

yes, this is the same issue as your other thread Insufficient-memory-and-or-disk-space-during-controller-upgrade

It is fixed in 6.4.2.3 as bug 105664.

There is no way to do it via the CLI directly, but we can do it indirectly using a modified flashbackup file which can be restored onto the controller.

email me (my forum username is my aruba email) all the files (zip them first so they dont get eaten by spam firewall) what you want to add to the custom CP and the name of the CP profile you want and I will send you back the file and the instructions.

regards

-jeff

• 3.  RE: Customize Captive Portal - Upload File Problem

Posted Dec 08, 2014 07:51 AM

Hi Jeff,

After change the log-in setting in L3 Authentication page, we have observed following login in error-log

Dec 8 20:41:46 <authmgr 199802>  <ERRS> |authmgr|  ncfg_init.c, configure_cp_prof:2061: Unable to create ACL for "/upload/custom/CGST_Guest3-cp_prof/index.html" for profile : CGST_Guest3-cp_profOption login-page not begining with http

Is there are some wrong with the setting?

regards,

Wilson

• 4.  RE: Customize Captive Portal - Upload File Problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2014 07:57 AM

hi Wilson

not sure, let's take it offline with me in email, we will work it out there.

regards

-jeff