Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

DHCP Issues

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  DHCP Issues

Posted Dec 11, 2014 09:02 AM

I'm testing the master-standby master configuration. My issue is while I'm connected to the master controller, I perform a ipconfig/all (on my laptop) and I'm receiving my IP address from the DHCP server on the standby-master.

What could be the issue?

• 2.  RE: DHCP Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 11, 2014 09:37 AM

A standby controller CAN serve up dhcp addresses, even though it is a standby.

• 3.  RE: DHCP Issues

Posted Dec 11, 2014 01:27 PM

But is this best practice? The way I think of it is, with master-standby master configuration and all APs go to the master and I'm connected to the network via the master controller shouldn't the master controller serve dhcp addresses?

• 4.  RE: DHCP Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 11, 2014 01:28 PM

The best practice is to not use the controller as a DHCP sever :-)

• 5.  RE: DHCP Issues

Posted Dec 11, 2014 01:52 PM

I understand, but we're using dhcp on the controller for client IPs, so with master-standby master configuration and all APs go to the master and I'm connected to the network via the master controller shouldn't the master controller serve dhcp addresses? When I perform a ipconfig/all on my laptop, I see the standby master's address for the dhcp.