Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Default login not working on AP-303HR

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Default login not working on AP-303HR

Posted Dec 30, 2018 11:04 AM

Attempting to set up the first AP-303HR in Instant mode (and let the rest replicate from that one), but login fails from the Welcome to Instant, Virtual Controller screen. Have tried admin/admin as well as root/admin and admin/root, that was used in some of Aruba's other products and all keep saying Login failed.

They have been reset numerous times. They are US versions and are brand new. No, I do not know what Aruba OS version they are running, but I havent seen Aruba change the default name/password through all the different OS versions.

Any ideas on alternate login(s) or what is going wrong?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Default login not working on AP-303HR

Posted Dec 30, 2018 11:07 AM

Apologies on the double post. Ignore this one.

• 3.  RE: Default login not working on AP-303HR

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 30, 2018 11:09 AM

Are you trying to login to it on the GUI or via SSH?  Are these devices new, or could someone have provisioned them to the cloud previously?

EDIT:  Have you tried the factory reset procedure?  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=31399

• 4.  RE: Default login not working on AP-303HR

Posted Apr 04, 2020 05:22 AM

I have the same problem. I bought a new aruba 300 series campus access point for home use.

I can see the "Welcome to Instant" web page and have no clue what the user/password is. I cannot find any documentation that states what it is.

I can also ssh to the aruba but again no idea what the user/password is. I factory reset it and still no luck.

If anyone out there knows the user/password please let me know.

• 5.  RE: Default login not working on AP-303HR

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 04, 2020 12:03 PM

Have you tried admin for user and the serial number for password?

• 6.  RE: Default login not working on AP-303HR

Posted Apr 04, 2020 03:29 PM

Thank you that helped! I should have guessed it is the serial number.

I hope this information gets added to the ArubaOS Quick Start Guide and User's Guide.

Thank you so much!