Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Do Aruba APs support OpenConfig?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Do Aruba APs support OpenConfig?

Posted Apr 08, 2019 12:50 PM

Hello experts,

I was viewing this field tech u-tube from the Aruba Atmosphere 2019 event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk6DTtfjeYs&feature=youtu.be

They mentioned over there, that Aruba's APs have some limited support for OpenConfig, however, they did not share the models which are actually supported...

Do anyone here have the list of the OpenConfig models which are supported by the Aruba's APs? Also, which models have OpenConfig support? Does this support work only on the APs or also on the WLC's?

If someone from the community can share this info it will be great. Since I already develop OpenConfig API's for wired devices which support OpenConfig, it will be super to re-use the code (as much as possible) on the wireless devices as well.

Cheers,

Tom

• 2.  RE: Do Aruba APs support OpenConfig?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2019 04:07 AM

I'm not aware of OpenConfig support in the current products. As this might be something related to future features, I would like to ask you to contact your local Aruba sales team with this question.

• 3.  RE: Do Aruba APs support OpenConfig?

Posted Apr 09, 2019 08:34 AM

Thanks for the reply,
    In the u-tube posted, they mentioned that there is a "limited OpenConfig" support for the Aruba wireless devices - but nothing concrete was mentioned nor brought up during the entire Atmosphere event.

I'd better contact their sales team to get more clarifications on that if on the forum here no one has info regarding this.

Thanks again,

Tom