Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Does Aruba Support Port Isolation and how to do it?

How can I achive Port Isolation to connect many users on the same SSID and each one on specific VLAN

Guru Elite

Re: Does Aruba Support Port Isolation and how to do it?

You can’t assign individual VLANs to every user automatically, but you can enable “Deny inter-user bridging” which will stop wireless clients from being able to communicate with each other.

Sent from Surface Pro

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Super Contributor I

Couldn't you do it with derivation?
ACDX #419 | ACMP |
Trusted Contributor I

I'm sure there's some way you could rig it up with your RADIUS server, but it'd be a hassle.  The trick would be getting the RADIUS server to respond with a unique VLAN for each user that connects.

The controller performs stateful firewall inspection and it can deny inter-user traffic as Tim pointed out.  Using roles and firewall policies, there shouldn't be any need to use VLANs for separation, unless PCI compliance is necessary.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Guru Elite

I guess the question should be: what is the use case? Are you trying to replicate cisco private VLAN?

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: