Wireless Access

last person joined: an hour ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Does database synchronization not include RADIUS servers?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Does database synchronization not include RADIUS servers?

Posted Sep 07, 2013 01:58 PM

Dear all,

I have two 3400 controllers running ArubaOS version. 6.2.1.3. They are configured in a master/standby scenario. Database synchronization has been configured and is working fine.

Unfortunately, changes to my RADIUS server configuration is not being synchronized. I created a new server in Security | Authentication | Servers | RADIUS servers and configured it. Although the database sync is running without any errors, I don't see that new server on my backup master.

What do I need to do in order to get it working?

Regards

Dirk

• 2.  RE: Does database synchronization not include RADIUS servers?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 07, 2013 03:39 PM

@vieregg wrote:

Dear all,

I have two 3400 controllers running ArubaOS version. 6.2.1.3. They are configured in a master/standby scenario. Database synchronization has been configured and is working fine.

Unfortunately, changes to my RADIUS server configuration is not being synchronized. I created a new server in Security | Authentication | Servers | RADIUS servers and configured it. Although the database sync is running without any errors, I don't see that new server on my backup master.

What do I need to do in order to get it working?

Regards

Dirk

Database synchronization is independent of config synchronization.  Radius server configuration is part of the global configuration.  The configuration will only be synched from the master to the backup master if you type "write memory" or "Save Configuration" on the GUI.

You can tell if your backup config is in synch by typing "show switches" on the master.

• 3.  RE: Does database synchronization not include RADIUS servers?

Posted Sep 09, 2013 04:56 AM

That immediately solved it. Thank you very much for the explanation.

Regards

Dirk