Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

EIRP Reading and Timestamps

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  EIRP Reading and Timestamps

Posted Apr 02, 2013 01:55 PM

Hi There!

I'm hoping someone could shed some information on the output of the "show ap debug driver-log."  When looking at the output, does anyone know what the timestamp represents?  Is it the timestamp of when the radiated power was adjusted?  Also, if I'm looking at the wifi0 (5Ghz), is it safe to assume that if I do not see the configured min EIRP setting for the profile that I'm interested in, that it hasn't seen a client belonging/utilizing that profile?  For example, if my min/max is set to 9/18dBm for my ARM profile and the output does not show me anything related to my min/max setting, is it because it hasn't seen my client on this ap yet?

show ap debug driver-log ap-name dodo | include wifi0

Tue Apr 2 16:17:35 2013:158 1.1781 wifi0: Scheduling RADIO CONFIG update
    Tue Apr 2 16:17:35 2013:159 1.2172 wifi0: EIRP (Config: 18.0dBm, Set: 18.0dBm, AP Max: 24.0dBm, Reg Max: 36dBm), Conducted Power Set: 14.0dBm, Gain: 4.0dBm
    Tue Apr 2 16:17:35 2013:160 1.2239 wifi0: enabling 40Mhz (channel 157+)
    Tue Apr 2 16:17:35 2013:161 1.2291 wifi0: RADIO CONFIG DONE

Best Regards

• 2.  RE: EIRP Reading and Timestamps

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 02, 2013 01:59 PM

That normally is what you would see when the access point boots up.  You *might* not see any access point changes after that in that log.  You will not see anything related to the min/max setting in that log, no...

I would try show ap arm history ap-name <name of ap> to see that information.

Is there an issue that you are troubleshooting?

• 3.  RE: EIRP Reading and Timestamps

Posted Apr 04, 2013 05:55 PM

Thanks for the response.  That command is actually exactly what I was looking for.  I'm trying to see if one of my APs in a saturated area is overpowering and overcompensating for the other APs in the same area.  We've been getting complaints from our users of slowness and at times drops from one of our real-time patient applications.  Still early in the troubleshooting process so can't tell you much more than that.

• 4.  RE: EIRP Reading and Timestamps

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2013 05:59 PM

Okay.  On the Dashboard of the controller (if you are running 6.1 or above), you can look to see the "Channel Busy" of that access point to see if there is congestion from clients and possibly adjacent access points.  If you had Airwave, you could look at Channel Busy historically as well to correlate it with your complaints.