Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Edit Captive portal Guest user wording

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Edit Captive portal Guest user wording

Posted Sep 09, 2013 07:16 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can edit the default wording that appears in the Default Grey coloured box Titled GUEST USER.

I have only an email address input box, a 'log in' Button and the following text, which is what I want to edit.

"Logging in as a guest user indicates you have read and accepted the Acceptable Use Policy."

Many thanks

Chris

• 2.  RE: Edit Captive portal Guest user wording

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2013 07:37 AM

Please take a look at this note - it doesn't answer your direct question but is a nice read for CP - http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/aos_guestacccess-appnote.pdf

Now...onto your question, there is no way to edit those embedded pages so your options are 

1. Use ClearPass Guest

2. Use a custom html form.  This form can use the already embedded page as a template if you so choose.  

Use the "view source" option in the browser to see what the default page is doing in the background and then you can upload your edits to the controller as a custom page.

You can install the captive portal page by using the Maintenance function of the WebUI. Log into the WebUI and navigate to Configuration > Management >Captive Portal > Upload Custom Login Pages

This configuration is also found starting on pg 291 in the AOS 6.3 user guide.