Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Enabling control plane security

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Enabling control plane security

Posted Oct 28, 2014 10:46 AM

Currently I have an Aruba 3200 (non XM) that tunnels all WLAN traffic to the controller.  I want to switch to bridge forwarding.  I need control plane security enabled and for the APs to re-join and get accepted by the controller for bridge forwarding correct?  I will enable auto-cert provisioning so that any AP that contacts my controller will be accepted. 

If I need to enable control plane security I should plan for downtime, correct?  If so, any idea how long the whole process should take? Just one 3200 and 18 AP-105s in this network.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Enabling control plane security
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 28, 2014 11:08 AM

I need control plane security enabled and for the APs to re-join and get accepted by the controller for bridge forwarding correct?  I will enable auto-cert provisioning so that any AP that contacts my controller will be accepted. 

Correct

If I need to enable control plane security I should plan for downtime, correct?  If so, any idea how long the whole process should take? Just one 3200 and 18 AP-105s in this

You should plan for a downtime for 30-45 minutes because APs need to reboot after you enabled CPSec, it may take less then that but just in case..

• 3.  RE: Enabling control plane security

Posted Oct 28, 2014 11:11 AM

This is based on an M3 controller but this gives you an idea:

2014-10-28 11_10_21-www.arubanetworks.com_wp-content_uploads_MControllerVRDV9.pdf.png