Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Error Uploading Certificate: Error in cert format

This thread has been viewed 40 times
  • 1.  Error Uploading Certificate: Error in cert format

Posted Mar 29, 2018 07:32 AM
      |   view attached

Hello!

I have created a self signed Trusted CA certificate with open SSL and tried to upload it to my controller and keep getting "Error Uploading Certificate: Error in cert format". I have already tried converting it to .cer/.pem/.crt formats, but still get the same message.

What is wrong? (Are there some special criteria for the certificate?)

Cheers!

• 2.  RE: Error Uploading Certificate: Error in cert format

• 3.  RE: Error Uploading Certificate: Error in cert format

Posted Apr 03, 2018 03:10 AM

Yes, I did look at this guide, but it gives me an error after the 3rd step, because the guy references stuff thats not even there (eg.:  first he says put the openssl.cfg to -config /opt/pki/openssl.cnf and then references it in -config /bnet/pki/openssl.cnf) so it would take me more time to get when and where he is referencing stuff then to make new certificates if I knew what the criteria is for a certificate. (eg.: .pem/.der; sha1/sha256 etc.)

I only found the max key length and that it has to be x509 format .pem (Thats what I uploaded and it said error).

Also, in this user guide, I dont see where he adds the SAN to the certificate, and chrome and opera only accepts web certificates, that contain the san for ssl.

Thx!

• 4.  RE: Error Uploading Certificate: Error in cert format

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2018 06:14 AM

To be clear, are you trying to use the certificate for EAP-TLS Termination or for Web-Based Authentication?

• 5.  RE: Error Uploading Certificate: Error in cert format

Posted Apr 03, 2018 06:17 AM

Well, I need a ROOT CA certificate for EAP-TLS and I need a Server certificate (signed by the root CA) for web administration.