Wireless Access

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Error: opmode requires a pre-shared key. Either wpa-hexkey or wpa-passphrase must be set.

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Error: opmode requires a pre-shared key. Either wpa-hexkey or wpa-passphrase must be set.

Posted Aug 31, 2018 02:04 PM

Hello all,

I have they "joy" of this specific error mesage:

"Error: opmode requires a pre-shared key. Either wpa-hexkey or wpa-passphrase must be set."

I suspect I actually caused it myself by renaming a SSID somewhere in the submenu of "Profiles" under "System". However is seems for me to be hard to correct again.

I actually tatsed it again and created a new SSID and renamed this like the other one and boy, I got 2 of the same error message... :o(

What is the best way to clean my mess up?

Btw. I did this as I needed to change a role for this specific ssid, and for whatever reason, I couldt do that(users still got the old profile). So I ended up created a new one and renaming it to the initial ssid name.

• 2.  RE: Error: opmode requires a pre-shared key. Either wpa-hexkey or wpa-passphrase must be set.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2018 02:16 PM

Go to your master controller and type "show audit-trail" to see the history of what you typed and figure it out from there.  It is difficult to understand exactly what you did to cause that error, but fortunately, there is history.

• 3.  RE: Error: opmode requires a pre-shared key. Either wpa-hexkey or wpa-passphrase must be set.

Posted Aug 31, 2018 02:37 PM

Thanks cjoseph,

Do you know if they is a way to list the ssid id in the cli with configuration?

It seems like there is a trail of some old config as I renamed and eventually also deleted one of the old SSID i replaced. (The error came the following day after a reboot of the controller)

• 4.  RE: Error: opmode requires a pre-shared key. Either wpa-hexkey or wpa-passphrase must be set.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 01, 2018 06:43 AM

Type "show wlan ssid-profile"  to see a list of SSID profiles created.

Type "show wlan ssid-profile <name of profile>" to see more details like ESSID, which is what would actually be broadcast.

• 5.  RE: Error: opmode requires a pre-shared key. Either wpa-hexkey or wpa-passphrase must be set.

Posted Sep 02, 2018 02:06 PM

Thanks! I will give it a shot and see what I can get out of it, Ib eleive I have some left overs hanging somewhere causing this error.

• 6.  RE: Error: opmode requires a pre-shared key. Either wpa-hexkey or wpa-passphrase must be set.

Posted Sep 03, 2018 01:40 PM

I found the ones with the error code as per title, however I had to correct the profiles(delete them) too as it didnt clean it up properly.

Thanks!