Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Facing issue in connecting ap-93 remotely to controller 3400

We are facing an issue in connecting ap-93 ( APboot:1.2.7.4 build:32721) remotely  to controller 3400.in our scenerio we have a controller for all remote offices located in headquarter.All aps are connecting to it through vpn tunnel where coonntroller is behined a net device.all aps are connected as campus aps in bridged mode with control plane security on.now we configur desired ap with following configuration:

apboot> setenv ipaddr 10.14.0.100

apboot>setenv netmask 255.255.0.0

apboot>setenv gatewayip 10.14.0.1

apboot>setenv master 10.131.253.200  (This is the Controller's IP address where this AP initially points to)

apboot>save

apboot>boot

after this i connected ap to switch ,ap boots and show following logs but doesnot shows up on controller and keeps on showing following logs:

Re: Facing issue in connecting ap-93 remotely to controller 3400

logs are available in the attachment pls. view we require an urgent help

Untitled1000.png

Super Contributor II

Try setting this variable - setenv remote_ap 1

Guru Elite

At the apboot> prompt, type "dhcp" first to get an ip address.  Next, try to ping 10.131.253.200.  The T T T T means that it is timing out and cannot reach 10.131.253.200.  If it can ping it, make sure your are allowing TFTP through the VPN tunnel at minimum.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

OK I WILL DO this TOMORROW AS I HAVE NO ENGINEER AVAILABLE AT REMOTE SITE BUT I WILL APPRECIATE YR HELP TOMORROW ,i have tried to ping controller from the same lan cable by connecting laptop to which that ap was connected and i was able to reach controlller it means i can reach controller from that lan cable but why that ap canot find controller is this issue on contoller configuration or ap configuration

Guru Elite

Okay.  At least try to ping it from the AP, or make sure that TFTP, UDP69 is allowed back and forth between that remote site:  That is what is needed to upgrade the AP and that is what is failing.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Super Contributor II

Sorry , you only need this variable set for RAPs. I have re-read your post and see they are campus APs so this is not needed.

ok i will try your suggestions tommorow

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: