Wireless Access

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

File Transfer to/from Airwave

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  File Transfer to/from Airwave

Posted Aug 24, 2017 04:05 AM

Since the 8.2.4 upgrade, there doesn't seem to be a way to SCP/FTP files off the airwave server because there is no root access and the ampadmin account has a controlled menu so SCP doesn't work.

How can we now get files on or off the server?

• 2.  RE: File Transfer to/from Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 24, 2017 07:02 AM

Hi David,

Could you be more specific on what file we are trying to download from Airwave CLI?

• 3.  RE: File Transfer to/from Airwave

Posted Aug 24, 2017 07:50 AM

Hi Vishnu,

I was hoping to SCP the backup files off the server, but thought this would be a problem for getting at any files such as tech support, logs etc

• 4.  RE: File Transfer to/from Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 24, 2017 09:57 AM

Hi David,

We should be able to download the backup and diagnostic from the GUI of Airwave, from System --> Status and System --> Backup page. Currently we wont be able to use winscp as there is no root access. Also, AMP CLI menu have the dowload file option which will also have the backup files and diagnostic which you could dowload specifying an SCP path.

• 5.  RE: File Transfer to/from Airwave

Posted Aug 25, 2017 05:20 AM

Thanks, I hadn't seen the ampadmin download option, but it still makes it difficult/unreliable to automate backups as these options are clearly designed for human interaction rather than to be scripted. e.g. form the download option you can't predict which number to enter to download the latest backup.

Now there is no root access I can't run a backup client on the server and I can't automatically export the backups, so I am completely relying on RAID to protect me from data loss.

• 6.  RE: File Transfer to/from Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2017 05:30 AM

Hi David,

You can always configure the script on Airwave for automating the transfer for backup to an FTP server.
    Only thing is to configure this you would have to involve Aruba TAC as they will only have the root access to the server. Once you have this configured it will be automatically transfered.

• 7.  RE: File Transfer to/from Airwave

Posted Aug 25, 2017 05:54 AM

OK Vishnu thanks I will open a call with TAC to see how they want to go about that.

• 8.  RE: File Transfer to/from Airwave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 11, 2017 04:50 PM

Hi David,

Just now noticed, From 8.2.4 we have Automate transfer option inbuilt in the AMP menu. You can choose option 4(backup), then choose option 2(configure Automatic transfer) and set the destination path.

Hope this helps.

• 9.  RE: File Transfer to/from Airwave

Posted Sep 21, 2017 10:44 AM

Hi Vishnu,

I set that up and it is working perfectly thank you very much, that is exactly what I needed.