Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Force VIA profile update?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Force VIA profile update?

Posted Jul 20, 2020 03:05 PM

Hi all,

I have a VIA profile working for about 500 remote users; I need to add a new setting into this profile   

I just want to clarify, if I make this change - how do I ensure all users will get the new setting? Do I need to have all my users re-download this profile? 

• 2.  RE: Force VIA profile update?

Posted Jul 23, 2020 02:10 AM

Anyone know how the profile works in VIA? I’m not convinced that if I update it on the controller, everyone who currently uses the connection will just get the profile update?

• 3.  RE: Force VIA profile update?

Posted Jul 25, 2020 02:15 PM

Ok I have got a little further with this one; I can see from the VIA logs it says it failed to download configuration. 

we have 443 / 4500 traffic open to the external IP address of our controller ... I’m wondering if this check / configuration update happens on the inside address? It does the check after the VPN is connected ... I’m wondering if our Windows firewall is still on the public profile and is blocking this request to an “inside” address?