Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Forcing channel change to support wireless cameras

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Forcing channel change to support wireless cameras

Posted Jun 01, 2019 01:25 PM

I have a mobility controller 3200, and 3 ap 205s.

I also have a handful of axis brand security cameras, and several are wireless.

After days of grief, and attempting to contact their support, I was told that the cameras, despite "supporting 5ghz", only support it on four channels. 36, 40, 44 and 48.

My environment is currently sitting on channel 155, and despite going into ap configuration and manually setting the channel to 36 or 40, the aps seem to refuse to want to change channels. 

Is there another setting somewhere that may be contradicting me specifying a channel manually?

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: Forcing channel change to support wireless cameras

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 01, 2019 01:38 PM

I am not aware of a channel 155

If you go into the regulatory domain profile, uncheck everything besides the channels that you want, and the access points will only choose those channels with ARM.

• 3.  RE: Forcing channel change to support wireless cameras

Posted Jun 01, 2019 02:31 PM

Ah, excellent! That did the trick, thanks!

I was using wifi analyzer on android to detect which channels things were on, and it was showing that all my 5ghz networks, as well as some neighboring ones were all sat squarely on 155.

• 4.  RE: Forcing channel change to support wireless cameras

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2019 09:45 AM

Try to use Aruba Utilities to look at those channels as a second point of reference:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arubanetworks.arubautilities