Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Free Wifi Hotspot Server Software

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Free Wifi Hotspot Server Software

Posted Jul 26, 2018 02:55 AM

i have 5 Aruba IAP 305 access points. does anyone know any FREE Microsoft based Wifi Hotspot Server application that i can install that i can point my guest wifi to the landing page of that software.

• 2.  RE: Free Wifi Hotspot Server Software

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2018 11:40 PM

why not just use the built in captive portal capability on the IAP's?

• 3.  RE: Free Wifi Hotspot Server Software

Posted Dec 04, 2018 07:01 AM

the inbuilt  Hotspot is giving me a challange on the Aruba certificate on the captive portal. that Aruba certificate expirey on web browsers. is there any wat to disable HTTPS on the Captive Portal?

• 4.  RE: Free Wifi Hotspot Server Software

Posted Dec 04, 2018 07:10 AM

You can configure the captive portal to use HTTP by configuring the port in the captive portal profile as "80". 

You can also import an SSL certificate from a well-known Certificate Authority into the IAP cluster by combining the certificate, the intermediate and the private key into one PEM certificate.

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    CERTIFICATE
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----
    -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    INTERMEDIATE
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----
    -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
    PRIVATE KEY
    -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

You can even use any web server you like too and configure the captive portal there. I have done this before by first using the internal captive portal, view and copy the source HTML from that portal and reverse engineer the code into a custom captive portal on an external web server. This also works.

• 5.  RE: Free Wifi Hotspot Server Software

Posted Dec 04, 2018 07:14 AM

in the IAP infortunalty there is no option to captive portal to use HTTP. I think this option is only there in the Physicall Controller. 

• 6.  RE: Free Wifi Hotspot Server Software

Posted Dec 04, 2018 07:25 AM

Promise2k

Sorry I was mistaken. HTTP is only possible when using an external captive portal.

• 7.  RE: Free Wifi Hotspot Server Software

Posted Sep 05, 2018 02:22 PM

I am unable to do this, if you please explain this in a step by step process then I would be highly obliged to. Thanks in advance for your help. Thanks and Regards, 3ds emulator download Cartoon HD download https://droid4x.org/

• 8.  RE: Free Wifi Hotspot Server Software

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2018 03:31 PM

@callmejacklogana wrote:

I am unable to do this, if you please explain this in a step by step process then I would be highly obliged to. Thanks in advance for your help. 

The documentation for internal captive portal configuration for Instant is here: https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_430_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/CaptivePortal/Internal%20Captive%20Portal.htm?Highlight=Captive%20Portal