Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Re: Guest Voucher Access / and the need of PEF-NG or not

once i wondered about having on the controllers port instead of N/A some AAA profile ? is there still a need of having AAA profile active on the PORT itself ? i experienced this once at some customer facing this problem.

using ff 8.x/9.x , yes OCSP is active, turning off now , lets see.

I got the same error once

Go to "L3 Authentication" > "Captive portal auth profile" > "Your CP profile"

Once there, make sure that the field "Login Page" is pointing towards "/upload/custom/YOURSSID-captiveportal-profile/index.html"

For some reason, whenever I changed anything in my WLAN a part of that field got erased.

Samuel Pérez
ACMP, ACCP, ACDX#100

---

If I answerd your question, please click on "Accept as Solution".
If you find this post useful, give me kudos for it ;)
Regular Contributor I

the field actually pointing here :

/auth/index.html

So i should change to this ? :

/upload/custom/<name of cp-profile>/index.html 

?

in this case i would use the name of the cp-profle :

Captive Portal Authentication Profile > <name....>

what about "guest login" , should this be marked checked ? never activated this and it works on other controllers with PEFNG ...

Regular Contributor I

well let's call mulder and scully, i wonder why it's working now after just deleting the whole crap and re-wizard'ing , now it's working the magic way. dont know why.

im just confused (well we rebooted the mc3200 also ) ..

regards

Yes, once you change that you should be able to use the captive portal (customization and so on) in the same way as you would with the pef license.

In regards to guest login, you should only check it if you want a "pass through" captive portal

This is what the config guide says about it:

Guest Login Enables Captive Portal logon without authentication.
Default: disabled

Samuel Pérez
ACMP, ACCP, ACDX#100

---

If I answerd your question, please click on "Accept as Solution".
If you find this post useful, give me kudos for it ;)
Regular Contributor I

next question, this little popup for "logout" after authentication via CP is coming, but saying error 404 , pointing to some other vlan's IP adress of the controller. therefore this cant be reached. how to solve this ? never had this, only the logout control doenst come up , then it had be to added in the ACLs (known issue...) . this time it's something else.

anyone experienced this=? guest voucher access is some seperated network, normally the popup should be loaded from the guest network .

another queston : without PEFNG , some authentication as guest-provisioning user should be possible with Radius Auth or ? cause here some "set role" is used, and while role's are PEFNG stuff.. hm...

regards

Guru Elite

the ip cp-redirect command should determine the ip interface of the controller that is pointed to by the "securelogon.....".  Type "show ip cp-redirect-address" to find out what interface that is.  To change it to the right one:

config t

ip cp-redirect-address <ip address of controller on guest interface>

Not sure about guest provisioning without the PEF-NG license.  Please search for the section entitled " Captive Portal in the Base ArubaOS" in the ArubaOS user guide for more details.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: