Wireless Access

New Contributor

Guest wifi access time schedule management

Hi everybody. First, i am sorry for bad English.
I want to give some users, each with a private password to access a ssid, each person has different times, for example a month or a week depending on people.
These people do not share the password, because the password must be associated with the Mac address. Automatically revoke passwords when expired.
It is possible to allow that person to enter the password on the first floor, but not to the second floor, or the entire floor, the Ap depends on the configuration.
Administrators can be administrators who have been granted password history, for example, granted on any day, expired date, granted how many times ...
This can be used by the controller or using ClearPass? thank you for support.
Guru Elite

Re: Guest wifi access time schedule management

"It is possible to allow that person to enter the password on the first floor, but not to the second floor, or the entire floor, the Ap depends on the configuration." -

Unfortunately devices can associate to an access point on the same floor, the floor above or the floor below so it would be hard to enforce that in a way that would be practical. I will let others comment on the other requirements.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
New Contributor

Thank you, so that cannot do it on some AP in all AP ?
I care most about is Guest Provisioning on Controller enough to do all feature i asked (provide and manage password+schedule time to each user/device) or must buy something like Clearpass, or impossible
Aruba Employee

For the granularity you've asked for, i.e. locking a password to a mac address, or trying to restrict a login to a group of APs, you will most likely want to use an external authenticator like ClearPass.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Guru Elite

@The Tung wrote:
Thank you, so that cannot do it on some AP in all AP ?
I care most about is Guest Provisioning on Controller enough to do all feature i asked (provide and manage password+schedule time to each user/device) or must buy something like Clearpass, or impossible

I am sure you can do it on some access points, but it might be difficult to understand where a user actually is based on the access point he is associated to.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
New Contributor

So in summary, to assign passwords for each device and the validity period, I need a controller or a ClearPass mandatory. I would prefer if the controller did this because buying a ClearPass not recommended

Aruba Employee

The controller only authenticates users, it does not correlate a user to a specific device. For the granular functionality you've requested, ClearPass is the recommended solution.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: