Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

HP 830 controller JG640A with Aruba clearpass

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  HP 830 controller JG640A with Aruba clearpass

Posted Apr 24, 2017 05:31 AM

I have EOS HPE unified wired and wireless 830 controller (JG640A) and HP 430 Access points all connected to HP 2530 Switches , can i install and use the HPE Aruba clearpass with OnGuard license in this environment and make a posture assessment for the wireless devices that support onguard Clients, Are the 830 controller and HP 2530 support all the requirement for the clearpass to work in a proper way like Radius COA?

• 2.  RE: HP 830 controller JG640A with Aruba clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 24, 2017 06:14 AM

Hi,

Follow Techsupport guide

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/7961/Default.aspx

DetailsHP MSM and ClearPass v3.pdf 

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your query, give kudos:)

• 3.  RE: HP 830 controller JG640A with Aruba clearpass

Posted Apr 25, 2017 07:15 AM

Thanks PAVAN for your support, and be noted that the HP 830 controller JG640A is a Comware Device not a MSM provision device, however I checked the user guide and reference commands for the controller and I couldn't find anything related to Radius COA , and is there anyone have experience in installing the clear pass with the old HP UWW  and use the Onguard module ?

• 4.  RE: HP 830 controller JG640A with Aruba clearpass

Posted Jul 05, 2017 03:53 AM

Did anyone find out the solution to the question asked?  I have a similar system and cannot get the onguard feature to work on the UWW wireless.  There does not seem to be any documentation on it or advice.

Yes, I have the PDF that describes basic authentication and mac address auth, but it does not mention onguard at all.

Works well on the switches but not the UWW

• 5.  RE: HP 830 controller JG640A with Aruba clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 05, 2017 09:30 AM

Can you please explain in more detail what is not working?

• 6.  RE: HP 830 controller JG640A with Aruba clearpass

Posted Jul 05, 2017 10:36 AM

Hello, thanks for your reply

It relates to the onguard portal on the UWW.  Basically we would want the smartdevices to authenticate only but laptops to onguard.  The service would have to detect the device.

I have tried various templates on the UWW but haven't got the onguard redirect to work.  I have cisco and aruba templates and instructions but I cannot find any reference to implementing it on UWW.