Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

HTTP traffic from our 650 controller.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  HTTP traffic from our 650 controller.

Posted Jun 09, 2014 03:24 PM

We see a lot of HTTP traffic originating from our Aruba650 controller addressed to LocalHost:38950.

I have had aruba support look and they say they can not see any AP or Client generating this traffic, yet when I put wireshark on a mirrored port to the port Aruba is using, I get thousands of these:

Source                                             Destination                       Protocol   Info

captiveportal-login.mydomain.com  Myproxy.mydomain.com   HTTP      CONNECT localhost:38950 HTTP/1.1

• 2.  RE: HTTP traffic from our 650 controller.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2014 03:27 PM

You are right to open a case with support.  What that traffic is will be determined by the specifics in your environment, which could be anything.  Your post does not have enough information to even guess..

• 3.  RE: HTTP traffic from our 650 controller.

Posted Jun 09, 2014 03:30 PM
    That is the catch 22. I did open a case and they could not find anything. I was hoping someone in the forum might have seen something similar.

Thanks,

Gary Dewrell
    Network Administrator
    3407 S. 31st St.
    Temple, Texas 76502
    Office 254.771.7119
    www.profdata.com

Do Business Electronically with PDI/Enterprise!

• 4.  RE: HTTP traffic from our 650 controller.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2014 03:37 PM

gdewrell,

There are a few things that it could actually be, depending on your setup, but we don't have your logs, specific ip addresses, your network configuration here, so we would end up guessing and it would take quite awhile.  Is it your controller source-natting an OCSP request from a guest on your network to check to see if your Captive Portal certificate is valid?  Who knows.  You can try escalating the TAC case, or you can get a professional to determine what is going on based on your setup.