Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Has anyone ever had issues with Smart White Boards and Aruba APs

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Has anyone ever had issues with Smart White Boards and Aruba APs

Posted Oct 04, 2018 07:40 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone on here has ever had issues when trying to Mirror to a Smart Board from iPads or iPhones. The boards are android devices, and one minute appear in the Screen Mirror settings on the iPad/iPhone, then drop off, then reappear etc etc.

The APs are 205's and it started with them being Instant APs, now we've put a controller in and so they're Campus APs but at the moment it's made no difference.

Various debugs have been run, wireshark has been used, Apple TV has been tested by plugging into the Board (which worked 100% of the time). The iPad/iPhone and boards are all on the same L2 vlan so not needing Airplay etc.

If anyone has any pointers of where I can try, or if you've seen the same issue before i'd be grateful of any advice.

Thanks for your time

Jo

• 2.  RE: Has anyone ever had issues with Smart White Boards and Aruba APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2018 01:58 PM

If AirGroup isn't enabled, verify that broadcast filtering is also disabled to see if that helps.

• 3.  RE: Has anyone ever had issues with Smart White Boards and Aruba APs

Posted Oct 05, 2018 05:27 AM

Thanks, broadcast filtering is disabled, but unfortunatley that makes no difference. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

• 4.  RE: Has anyone ever had issues with Smart White Boards and Aruba APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 05, 2018 02:44 PM

What is the user role that the iOS devices are placed into?

• 5.  RE: Has anyone ever had issues with Smart White Boards and Aruba APs

Posted Oct 17, 2018 03:42 AM

Hi, apologies for the delay. They are put into an "allow-all" role. it's strange, but think it will just be what it is :(