Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Hello, I have a platform with a hundred 105 Aps, all manage with a 3600 Controller. A couple of days

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Hello, I have a platform with a hundred 105 Aps, all manage with a 3600 Controller. A couple of days

Posted Mar 27, 2014 12:50 PM

Hello, I have a platform with a hundred 105 Aps, all manage with a 3600 Controller. A couple of days ago the 11 an / 11 bgn leds are red steady, the signal quality is very poor in some areas the connection keeps dropping. I check in the controller and it seems to be working through the 2.4 but the 5.0 appears to be setup as well, I didn’t setup this platform in the first place but I think the one who done it had no clue of it. I also realize all the clients are working through the “G” band even those devices that has an N card connection…. Any ideas???

• 2.  RE: Hello, I have a platform with a hundred 105 Aps, all manage with a 3600 Controller. A couple of days

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2014 01:01 PM

You should definitely open a case with TAC in parallel to this post.  You could have any number of things going on at this time.

• 3.  RE: Hello, I have a platform with a hundred 105 Aps, all manage with a 3600 Controller. A couple of days
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 27, 2014 01:42 PM

Hello

Go to the AP group to the rf managment and check that the High throughput is enabled

Here

HT.PNG

Check that on 802.11g and 802.11a profile as well.

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Hello, I have a platform with a hundred 105 Aps, all manage with a 3600 Controller. A couple of days

Posted Mar 27, 2014 01:44 PM

Also check on the SSID profile you got the HT(Hight Throghput SSID) on as well

HereHT2.PNG

• 5.  RE: Hello, I have a platform with a hundred 105 Aps, all manage with a 3600 Controller. A couple of days

Posted Mar 27, 2014 03:19 PM

Thank you very much Carlos!

• 6.  RE: Hello, I have a platform with a hundred 105 Aps, all manage with a 3600 Controller. A couple of days

Posted Mar 27, 2014 03:18 PM

Thanks a lot buddy, will try this!

• 7.  RE: Hello, I have a platform with a hundred 105 Aps, all manage with a 3600 Controller. A couple of days

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2014 02:22 PM

Check as well what the encryption the ssid is using.  If it is set to TKIP then as per the standard, that will only use legacy rates and not the HT rates.

I have seen many instances on deployments put in a long time ago that were setup originally with TKIP and even though they have deployed new AP105s, they are stuck on legacy rates.

But, yes as cjoseph said, you should open a case with TAC if this is a recent occurance.