Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Help Needed! Controller logging locally at debug level after logging is disabled

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Help Needed! Controller logging locally at debug level after logging is disabled

Posted Jan 22, 2015 11:01 AM

Hi Everyone,

We're in a bit of a jam at the moment. We have turned off all logging on one of our local controllers. The said controller is still logging at debug level locally after logging was turned off. The syslod process is still using up 30% of our cpu. Any thoughts??

(CEC-DC-WC-L1-F) #show logging level verbose
    LOGGING LEVELS
    --------------
    Facility Level Sub Category Process
    -------- ----- ------------ -------
    arm informational N/A N/A
    network informational N/A N/A
    security informational N/A N/A
    system informational N/A N/A
    user informational N/A N/A
    wireless informational N/A N/A

WIth many lines of this;
    (CEC-DC-WC-L1-F) #show log user all
    Jan 22 10:57:49 :507013: <DBUG> |AP POCOK-AP105-HALLW-104@10.xxx.x.xxx sapd| |client-match| Client Match: Detected client 14:99:e2:4d:11:7e Assoc BSSID 6c:f3:7f:1d:46:11 channel 11 with low RSSI 4 dB

Thanks in advanced.

• 2.  RE: Help Needed! Controller logging locally at debug level after logging is disabled

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2015 10:30 AM

Can you post the output of:

show run | include logging

• 3.  RE: Help Needed! Controller logging locally at debug level after logging is disabled

Posted Jan 28, 2015 09:30 AM

@cappalli wrote:

Can you post the output of:

show run | include logging

Hi Tim,

Here are the results;

(CEC-DC-WC-L1-F) #show running-config | include logging
    Building Configuration...
    voice logging
    logging level notifications user process authmgr
    logging facility local3
    logging 10.xxx.xxx.xxx severity notifications

Currently I have the logging set only on notifications since I'm passing uid's over to my syslog server.  I've turned logging off entirely and so has Aruba TAC and the syslog daemon is still occupying a considerable amount of cpu.  As well, a reboot of the controller did not seem to clear the issue.

Thanks,

Alfredo