Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Historical client IP information

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Historical client IP information

Posted Mar 13, 2019 02:55 PM

Hello,

I am curious what methods Aruba has for tracking down historical information by IP address of users. For example, my cybersecurity team comes to me and says: "what user or device has x.x.x.x IP address?" I take a look at my controller and notice that IP address is no longer associated. What tools can I use or set up that will give me historical data? For me what I've found, Airwave does not detail this information, it more or less dances around the explicit question: Who or what had this IP address yesterday?

I am running AOS 8.3.0.4 and also have Airwave 8.2.7

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

• 2.  RE: Historical client IP information

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2019 04:49 PM

Airwave should have this information.

If it is not there, there is a problem and you might want to open a case with TAC.

• 3.  RE: Historical client IP information

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2019 06:41 PM

Hello Rob,

You could search for that client IP on Airwave, on the TOP right hand corner in the search option, you could enter the ip in question, click the drop down and make sure to include Active, historical and all categories, it will include all the selected options, screen shot for the shown below:

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 3.18.57 PM.png

The result should show the Client's that had this Ip address. Additionally you could also run a client session report and filter with the ip in-question, for the duration based on the historical retention settings on AMP for clients. As shown below:

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 3.21.52 PM.png

This should also help in finding the devices that had this ip address.

Hope this helps..

--