Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How do you add an autonomous Cisco 1602i to AirWave? Found but will not come "Up"

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How do you add an autonomous Cisco 1602i to AirWave? Found but will not come "Up"

Posted Nov 29, 2016 04:56 PM

Trying to add a Cisco 1602i IOS 15.3(3)JC autonomous access point to an AirWave 8.2.2 server. Using device type Cisco IOS AP with the correct credentials will only show the AP as "Down" in the server. It does not poll and will not come "Up". Is this a problem with the SNMP MIB?

• 2.  RE: How do you add an autonomous Cisco 1602i to AirWave? Found but will not come "Up"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 06:39 AM

Click on "manage" for that device and make sure that the SNMP credentials are correct.  Then click on "Poll Now" to see if it responds.

• 3.  RE: How do you add an autonomous Cisco 1602i to AirWave? Found but will not come "Up"

Posted Dec 07, 2016 03:44 PM

Even with all the correct SNMP information we never could get the Cisco 1602i to poll in Airwave. It would hang and timeout after 10 minutes.

But we found a solution!  

We were able to get an earlier version of the Cisco IOS for the 1602i access point - 15.2(2)JC2 - and TFTPed it into the AP. Everything now works. Something changed (maybe the MIB?) when Cisco went to IOS15.3(3)JC and, at least in our experience, the new IOS does not work in Airwave as a Cisco IOS AP device.