Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How "protect windows bridge" works in the ids unauthorized device profile?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  How "protect windows bridge" works in the ids unauthorized device profile?

Posted Oct 27, 2013 09:35 AM

Hi,

Can someone advise how "protect windows bridge" option in the ids unathorized device profile works?

Once i create a windows bridge on windows XP station, selecting the lan NIC and wireless NIC, right click, and bridge connection. I am not able to connect to the wireless ssid, irrespective of whether i have the "protect windows bridge" turned on or off in the controller.

• 2.  RE: How "protect windows bridge" works in the ids unauthorized device profile?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 27, 2013 10:06 AM

@yogenpartha wrote:

Hi,

Can someone advise how "protect windows bridge" option in the ids unathorized device profile works?

Once i create a windows bridge on windows XP station, selecting the lan NIC and wireless NIC, right click, and bridge connection. I am not able to connect to the wireless ssid, irrespective of whether i have the "protect windows bridge" turned on or off in the controller.

While you probably have to look on one of Microsoft's pages to learn how to bridge XP devices, the user guide mentions what happens when that feature is enabled on the controller.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/New_WIP/Intrusion_Protection.htm#new_wip_1365762209_1025519

"Protecting Windows Bridge

Protecting from a Windows Bridge involves containing the client that is forming the bridge so that it can not connect to the AP"