Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to Deploy Proxy.pac via Aruba to internal employees without GPO or Captive portal?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How to Deploy Proxy.pac via Aruba to internal employees without GPO or Captive portal?

Posted Feb 12, 2013 09:15 AM

Hi,

I have a request from my customer to deploy Proxy.pac through DHCP option 252 on Aruba controller to internal Employee, after lot of discussion with him, he refuse to do so through GPO over AD, and he need not to get that as guest captive portal so I need to know how to:

- Upload Proxy.pac file to Aruba controller.

- configure Aruba's DHCP server with Option 252 to push that .pac file to employees.

Note: I have searched all Airheads forum topics related to my question, but in return I get configurations related to guest and uploading .pac file to captive portal, which doesn't meet my issue.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: How to Deploy Proxy.pac via Aruba to internal employees without GPO or Captive portal?

Posted Feb 12, 2013 10:21 AM

It is recommened just for the use for the captive portal and nothing else....

It has a limit of 512  from 6.1.3 verion onward... and its because if you use more leases it can cause the controller to have issues... as its not the main funtion of the controller i mean its like an extra...

Its better to move the DHCP server to a windows DHCP server and then use that option in there...

If you want to do it on the controller still

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Controllers/Deploying-proxy-PAC-via-Aruba-Controller/td-p/3292

I actuallly recommend your client to do that on his DHCP server rather than on the controller DHCP.

I really dont knwo if it works as i never tried it...

• 3.  RE: How to Deploy Proxy.pac via Aruba to internal employees without GPO or Captive portal?

• 4.  RE: How to Deploy Proxy.pac via Aruba to internal employees without GPO or Captive portal?

Posted Mar 08, 2013 04:33 AM

Just adding the CLI.

ip dhcp pool pool_name

option 252 text http://name-of-server.domain.com/proxy.pac

!