Wireless Access

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to add a default route to 7030 controller (Group Level)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to add a default route to 7030 controller (Group Level)

Posted Jan 15, 2019 04:36 PM

We have 2 x 7030 controlllers that we want to change the default route on.  They are both clustered and seutp with VRRP and they are managed controllers. When I attempt to create an IP route 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.X  1 from the web interface, I receve an error when I click on the submit button: Inconsistent address and mask.

It is as if the rule doe snot like to use 0.0.0.0. in the command.  Pther IP routing rules (10.16... for example have been able to get saved.

When I originally set them up (full setup) I provided a default gateway IP address.  Since we are using corporate vlans and internet only vlans we require to use IP Routing Rules to route traffic to the correct networks.

Our older HP MSM760 controller is setup this way and we want all internet traffice to be routed to a specific network.  A previous topic just stated to craeted a static route; but, di dnot state how to create it.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/How-to-setup-a-guest-SSID-to-distribute-DHCP-from-the-local/td-p/485213

How can I get the static route entered in both controllers?

• 2.  RE: How to add a default route to 7030 controller (Group Level)

Posted Jan 16, 2019 06:55 AM

Well assuming you've used the exact syntax in this post (IP route 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.X) then you subnet mask is incorrect.

correct syntax is...

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.0.0.X