Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to change an Aruba 7005 Controller's IP address

This thread has been viewed 41 times
  • 1.  How to change an Aruba 7005 Controller's IP address

Posted Oct 24, 2018 10:56 AM

Hello,

I am new to setting up Aruba Wireless network and I am setting up different Controllers for the first time.  We have a few 7005 controllers that we would like to test in a lab environment and then move to production. 

But before I plug the 7005 controllers into a production network I will need to change the IP address currnelty associated with interface VLan-99.  I will also need to change the ip default gateway as well.  

Question1:  How can I change the IP inforamtion for interface vlan 99 without resetting the controller back to factory default settings?

Question2:  How can I change the IP default-gateway to a different IP address without resetting the controller back to factory default settings?

• 2.  RE: How to change an Aruba 7005 Controller's IP address
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 24, 2018 11:13 AM

1) Change the IP address of a VLAN interface

(Aruba620) (config) #interface vlan 99
    (Aruba620) (config-subif)#ip address [IP ADDRESS] [SUBNET MASK]

2) Default gateway

(Aruba620) (config) #ip default-gateway [IP ADDRESS]

3) If you need to change the management VLAN of the controller to use VLAN 99:

(Aruba620) (config) #controller-ip vlan 99

If you need to delete any of the existing IPs (such as default gateway) use the #no statement before

(Aruba620) (config) #no ip default-gateway 1.1.1.1

• 3.  RE: How to change an Aruba 7005 Controller's IP address

Posted Oct 24, 2018 11:48 AM

Very good!!  It is the same as changing the IP informatin on an HP ProCurve Ethernet Switch.  I wanted to verify that was the case with somenoen that has actually done it before.  

Let me ask will I need to remove the IP address first?  By typeing 'no ip <ipaddress> <sbnet mask><enter>

Then write memory and tthen type the new IP address in via your instructions

• 4.  RE: How to change an Aruba 7005 Controller's IP address

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 24, 2018 12:00 PM
    For the interface you can get away with

interface vlan 99
    no ip addr

Sent from my iPhone