Wireless Access

Regular Contributor II

How to change the countyr code of an Access Point

We have purchased a couple of AP-203-RW but we would like to test some of the features out before we send it to its final destination.


Currently we are trying to provision the AP-203-RW in the United states; but, we are not having any success. The AP is coming up with the default version and very limited functionality. Even if we login to the AP with the console port as admin.


My question is, is there a way to change the country code to allow us to make the AP-203 work in the United states, just for testing? And then change it back?


I have read from a previous post, that we should not do that because of FCC regulations? I wanted to verify if we can or should change the country code or not. The previous article I found was: https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controllerless-Networks/Setting-quot-B-quot-US-Regulatory-Domain-on-a-Aruba-IAP-515-RW/td-p/634527


Guru Elite

Re: How to change the countyr code of an Access Point

There is not a way to change the Country code of an RW AP to US.  That is the reason that a RW AP exists..

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: