Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to connect printer with ethernet to WiFi using AP124 and TP-Link TL-WR802N router

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to connect printer with ethernet to WiFi using AP124 and TP-Link TL-WR802N router

Posted Apr 05, 2017 04:12 PM

Hi,

I have WiFi network based on W3200 controller and 8x AP124. Now I have to connect printer with ethernet interface to this WiFi network, but the requirement is, that the device i will use can't be more then 28mm depth. I found TP-Link router TL-WR802N which meets this requirements. Is it possible to configure AP124 or W3200 controller to establish link beetween AP and this TP-LInk? I can do that with simple Wifi router with bridge features, but I don't know how to do that with my WiFi infrastrcture :-( Could anybody give me some tips how to do that?

• 2.  RE: How to connect printer with ethernet to WiFi using AP124 and TP-Link TL-WR802N router

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2017 08:56 PM

Per a quick lookup of the TL-WR802N, it seem to be able to act as a client. So you will need to follow their user guide on how to configure it as a client and set it to connect to your Infrastructure SSID and wired to your printer. 

Then you may have other settings to do or test for the wired lan port depending if your printer is DHCP or Static IP.

On the Aruba side it should be as another client. You may see the TP-Link MAC address or the printer MAC address depending on the TP-Link settings.

Be carefull though and make sure to look into the aaa profile linked to the virtual AP profile (VAP) of your SSID as you may need to increase the Max IPv4 for wireless user. The default should be 2 but if you do VLAN derivation in your policies, you may need to increase to 4 as depending on the TP-Link setting, it may get an IP for itself + the printer and if doing VLAN derivation there the initial IP and new VLAN IP x2 devices (TP-Link + Printer).

• 3.  RE: How to connect printer with ethernet to WiFi using AP124 and TP-Link TL-WR802N router

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 12, 2017 07:23 PM

Hello.

Do you solve this issue? I have the same need.

Thanks.

A