Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to fasten AP booting process

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  How to fasten AP booting process

Posted Feb 06, 2019 02:31 AM

Dear Guys

I have a controller Alcatel Lucent 4030. IAPs that i have converted to APs are (103,105 & 115). The issue that i am facing is as soon as the AP boots up is takes approxametly 10-13 minutes, please guide me how to reduce this time so that the AP boot up fastley.

AP takes ip address from external DHCP. All APs and external DHCP is on same VLAN.

• 2.  RE: How to fasten AP booting process

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2019 06:38 AM

What version of AlcatelOS is this?

• 3.  RE: How to fasten AP booting process

Posted Feb 08, 2019 10:03 AM

I am using OS6.5

• 4.  RE: How to fasten AP booting process

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 08, 2019 10:44 AM

All AP's will take a set amount of time to boot unless there is an external factor (such as a response delay in DHCP/DNS for example) which can affect this. Have you reviewed the console output of an AP booting and confirmed if there is anything out of the ordinary there?

• 5.  RE: How to fasten AP booting process

Posted Feb 07, 2019 02:11 AM

If you want to solve the answer, you need more network configuration and configuration information. We can not suggest a way to reduce boot time by simply using DHCP information. If the image is downloaded in advance, you can save time on the next boot. In 1/3