Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to get wireless out of contiuous loop

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How to get wireless out of contiuous loop

Posted Nov 01, 2018 10:43 AM

So currently i have two APs and they are broadcasting the same SSID. I have set up my controller and everything but when i try to connect to the wifi it just keeps spinning and evetually says cannot connect to network. I am no sure where to look anymore or what is causing this? 

• 2.  RE: How to get wireless out of contiuous loop

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 11:03 AM

How are the clients authenticating to this SSID? Also have you confirmed DHCP is working for the VLAN?

• 3.  RE: How to get wireless out of contiuous loop

Posted Nov 01, 2018 12:01 PM

The clients are authenticated through clear pass using certificates and yes I have confirmed that DHCP is working for the VLAN. I just looked though and i can ping the controller from clearpass but i dont ping clearpass from my controller. Clearpass isnt even showing in my ARP table.

• 4.  RE: How to get wireless out of contiuous loop

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 12:10 PM

Do you see an entry in the Access Tracker on Clearpass? What about in the
    event log? There is quite a few reasons why this could not be working,
    basic network errors, incorrect client config, incorrect controller &
    Clearpass config.

Has this ever worked previously?

Sorry just seen that the clients are authenticated by Clearpass. Is the client assigned the correct authenticated User Role?

• 5.  RE: How to get wireless out of contiuous loop

Posted Nov 01, 2018 12:20 PM

We dont see anything on the access tracker. It has worked previously but we upgraged the OS from 6.5 to 8.3. Give you a better overview its a closed loop network. we have the ap's connecting to the 7024 controller that has an ip of 172.16.30.3. The AP's are on a vlan 100 have an assigned IP of 192.168.100.1. We have the same ports that the AP's connect to trunked with vlan 50 on the same subnet as clearpass which is 172.16.50.9. Clear pass IP is 172.16.50.12. We have the correct certs in place and the pre shared secret as well.

• 6.  RE: How to get wireless out of contiuous loop

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 03:44 PM

Hi,

So before the upgrade it worked and after it didn't.

If you can't ping ClearPass from the controller then that's were I would start looking. Could you ping ClearPass from the controller before the upgrade?

Wrong gateway? Wrong subnet masker?

• 7.  RE: How to get wireless out of contiuous loop

Posted Nov 01, 2018 04:02 PM

Yes it worked before the upgrade, and we could ping clearpass from the controller before the upgrade. 

We have looked at both the gateway and subnetmask but they are good.

• 8.  RE: How to get wireless out of contiuous loop

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 02, 2018 04:25 AM

Hi

What is the result from a traceroute from the controller to ClearPass?

In which subnet is the controller?

In which subnet is clearpass?

What is in between?

You can send me a PM with details if you want.