Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to tell IAP-105 and AP-105 apart? And where to get a controller from?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to tell IAP-105 and AP-105 apart? And where to get a controller from?

Posted Aug 06, 2020 11:55 AM

Hi All,

First of all, apologies if I am repeating a common question. I just gone my hand on some AP105s and I am trying to figure out what to do to get them running.

How do I tell if I have a AP-105 or IAP-105? One of my units can be accessed via HTTPS and I can manage it via the Virtual Controllers. The other two however, get an IP address but that is as far as they go. I tried resetting them but no luck either. They all look identical from the outside.

The next question is, can I download a controller software from some place to use the AP-105s?

Can the IAP-105 virtual controller manager the AP-105?

Thanks in advance.

Vin

• 2.  RE: How to tell IAP-105 and AP-105 apart? And where to get a controller from?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2020 12:18 PM

There should be a sticker on the back that should say whether it is an AP-105 or IAP-105.

• 3.  RE: How to tell IAP-105 and AP-105 apart? And where to get a controller from?

Posted Aug 06, 2020 12:23 PM

Thanks for replying.

Only the IAP has a sticker that says IAP the others don't have this sticker and have no other reference to AP or IAP.

Is there any other way for me to check this?

Where can I download a controller software from? Or can I use the IAP to manage them?

• 4.  RE: How to tell IAP-105 and AP-105 apart? And where to get a controller from?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2020 01:36 PM

Is there a barcode on the back?  There should be a model number near the barcode.

You can only use an IAP to manage other IAPs.  Regular APs can only be managed via hardware controller.  That cannot be changed by software, unfortunately.

• 5.  RE: How to tell IAP-105 and AP-105 apart? And where to get a controller from?

Posted Aug 06, 2020 10:10 PM

I think you might be referring to the little sticker with the barcode and model.

Only one of the devices I have has that little barcode sticker, the other two don't have it. Other than than they all look identical as far as I can see.

See below, other others don't have the sticker underlined. All the rest is the same. I guess this doesn't prove anything since someone could have removed the sticker.

How do I convert an IAP-105 from a passive AP to an IAP? Assuming it had been converted before and is indeed an IAP.

vin750_0-1596765054772.jpeg