Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I've aruba 7205 controller and AP 315. I'm trying to configure but AP is not showing in controller.

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  I've aruba 7205 controller and AP 315. I'm trying to configure but AP is not showing in controller.

Posted Feb 09, 2017 03:23 AM

I've aruba 7205 controller and AP 315. I'm trying to configure but AP is not showing in controller. License is there, ADP is enabled, DHCP is working. But if i am connecting an old AP, that i can see in controler. Ive upgraded the IOS of the controler as well. CAn someone help me with this?

• 2.  RE: I've aruba 7205 controller and AP 315. I'm trying to configure but AP is not showing in controller.
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 09, 2017 04:14 AM

Hi,

Is the AP on the same subnet as the controller?Are there any routers or firewalls between the AP and controller?

Is the AP is a controller based AP? If it's an Instant AP it won't automatically find the controller. You can tell if it's an Instant AP as when the AP has booted it wil start broadcasting an open Instant SSID. Also it will be reference IAP-315 on the back if it's an Instant rather than just AP-315if it's a controller based AP.

Is the AP brand new? It might be worth plugging a serial cable into the AP console port to see what's occurring. Whilst it's booting, looking at the console, you can see the IP details the AP received and if it finds the controller using ADP (or other methods).

You can also reset the AP:

Connect the serial console adaptor cable from the AP console port to your PC/Laptop
    Power on the AP and get into apboot mode. You'll see the option to go into AP boot mode when the AP is booting. You will have to press Enter within a 1 second window so pay attention to console messages during bootup.
    From the apboot prompt, enter the following commands
    apboot> factory_reset
    apboot> purgeenv
    apboot> save
    apboot> boot

• 3.  RE: I've aruba 7205 controller and AP 315. I'm trying to configure but AP is not showing in controller.
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 09, 2017 06:41 AM
    What version of AOS are you running ?

315 requires 6.5.x

Get Outlook for iOS