Wireless Access

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 207 Poor signal after "AP Not Responds" notification on VC

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 207 Poor signal after "AP Not Responds" notification on VC

Posted Oct 03, 2018 10:57 PM

Hello Everyone,

I wanna ask a question, i have 4 IAP 207 placed on a site, 2 on upper floor, 2 on lower floor, i've setup an SSID. everything went well. signal is good, throughput is good. But when i opened VC and a notification shows "AP not responds", the signal on APs suddenly drops, even when i'm standing right below the AP, the signal on my laptop and mobile phone is only 1 bar, and in some corner places, the SSID is not detected. but the AP still up on VC. but after i reboot the APs, it went normal again, but sometimes the problem recurred again. is there any permanent troubleshoot than reboot the AP? the VC i'm using is version 6.5.4.3.

Please help

• 2.  RE: IAP 207 Poor signal after "AP Not Responds" notification on VC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2018 04:24 AM

We would need the tech support from the VC to understand what could be the problem.

How often does this happen?

Can you take a screenshot of the error?

Does it eventually fix itself or do you have to do anything manually to fix it?

Can you get the tech support of the VC?

• 3.  RE: IAP 207 Poor signal after "AP Not Responds" notification on VC

Posted Oct 09, 2018 04:23 AM
      |   view attached

@cjoseph wrote:

We would need the tech support from the VC to understand what could be the problem.

How often does this happen?

Can you take a screenshot of the error?

Does it eventually fix itself or do you have to do anything manually to fix it?

Can you get the tech support of the VC?

@hey @cjoseph, sorry for the late reply, about your questions,

-the problem happens at various times, sometimes every 3 hours, or a few days after

-everytime the AP reboot, it operates normally again, but after moments later, the problem comes again

-here's the tech support of the VC

Attachment(s)

txt
    HVJ_lt2_d2.txt   1.11 MB 1 version